Momentum Conservation Tool Library
Momentum Conservation Tool Library is available to Casco Bay Island organizations and Momentum Conservation member organizations for use in invasive species management. The Tool Library contains a collection of hand tools including loppers, pruning saws and pruners.
Tools are available on a “first come, first served” basis. Reservations can be made online through smcc.localtools.org. First time users will be asked to create a free account with our online reservation system.
Once you submit an online request, a Momentum Conservation staff person will contact you to confirm your reservation details and pick-up time. Your reservation is not confirmed until you have heard from Momentum Conservation. Staff will make every effort to reply to requests in a timely manner.
For questions regarding reservations or if you have difficulty setting up an account, please contact Jessica Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 699-2989.
Tool Pick-up & Return
Momentum Conservation Tool Library is located at Momentum Conservation’s office at 217 Commercial Street, Suite 302, Portland, Maine. Someone from your organization must pick up and return the tools to Momentum Conservation in person or make other arrangements with Momentum Conservation in advance.
Staff are often out of the office on other business even during normal business hours. Be sure you have confirmed your pick-up or return time before coming to the office.
There are no fees for use of the Momentum Conservation Tool Library by eligible organizations in 2018.
Use of Momentum Conservation’s Tool Library is limited to the following organizations:
- Any organization in the Casco Bay Island District
- Any organization that is part of Momentum Conservation
Momentum Conservation’s Tool Library is not available for use by individuals. All users must be affiliated with an eligible organization. If you have questions about whether or not your organization is an eligible user, please contact Jessica Burton email@example.com or (207) 699–2989.
Tool Use Rules
Tool Library users agree to abide by the following rule regarding tool use:
- All persons using tools will be 18 years of age or older
- Tools will only be used by hand in a manner consistent with the manufacturer’s intended purpose
- Tools will only be used for management activities on land under the borrowing organization’s stewardship, or stewardship of an Momentum Conservation Member Land Trust
- Tools should be maintained in the condition you receive them – please report any damage or breakage to Momentum Conservation firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 699–2989