SMCC Tool Library
SMCC Tool Library is available to Casco Bay Island organizations and SMCC member organizations for use in invasive species management. The Tool Library contains a collection of hand tools including loppers, pruning saws and pruners.
Tools are available on a “first come, first served” basis. Reservations can be made online through smcc.localtools.org. First time users will be asked to create a free account with our online reservation system.
Once you submit an online request, an SMCC staff person will contact you to confirm your reservation details and pick-up time. Your reservation is not confirmed until you have heard from SMCC. Staff will make every effort to reply to requests in a timely manner.
For questions regarding reservations or if you have difficulty setting up an account, please contact Jessica Burton at email@example.com or (207) 699-2989.
Tool Pick-up & Return
SMCC Tool Library is located at Southern Maine Conservation Collaborative’s office at 217 Commercial Street, Suite 302, Portland, Maine. Someone from your organization must pick up and return the tools to SMCC in person or make other arrangements with SMCC in advance.
Staff are often out of the office on other business even during normal business hours. Be sure you have confirmed your pick-up or return time before coming to the office.
There are no fees for use of the SMCC Tool Library by eligible organizations in 2018.
Use of SMCC’s Tool Library is limited to the following organizations:
- Any organization in the Casco Bay Island District
- Any organization that is part of the Southern Maine Conservation Collaborative
SMCC’s Tool Library is not available for use by individuals. All users must be affiliated with an eligible organization. If you have questions about whether or not your organization is an eligible user, please contact Jessica Burton firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 699–2989.
Tool Use Rules
Tool Library users agree to abide by the following rule regarding tool use:
- All persons using tools will be 18 years of age or older
- Tools will only be used by hand in a manner consistent with the manufacturer’s intended purpose
- Tools will only be used for management activities on land under the borrowing organization’s stewardship, or stewardship of an SMCC Member Land Trust
- Tools should be maintained in the condition you receive them – please report any damage or breakage to SMCC email@example.com or (207) 699–2989