- This event has passed.
Wild Bees: Super-Pollinators! with Deborah Perkins
April 24 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Come learn about the fascinating native bees we have in Maine – their ecology, their behavior, and how we can all help declining wild bees in our gardens and beyond. In this highly engaging talk, topics include:
- The ecology & behavior of our fascinating native bees
- Habitat needs and environmental stressors
- How you can create a high value habitat in your own dooryard, farm, field, or forestland
- How to boost biodiversity and pollination services
- How to experience what Deb calls “Zen and the Art of Bee Observation”
About the Speaker
Deborah Perkins is a wildlife ecologist with 25 years of experience and a lifelong commitment to wildlife conservation. She is the owner of First Light Habitats and partners with eco-minded landowners to create thriving wildlife habitats in their backyards, gardens, fields and farms, woods, or campuses – at any scale. Deb’s infectious enthusiasm and dynamic speaking style leave people feeling inspired, hopeful, and ready to take action.